LAEVITAS TERMS OF SERVICE
Last updated : 07 July 2022
These terms of service (“Terms
”) set forth the terms and conditions governing your use of our services (“Services
”), the website located at Laevitas
and any sub-domains (“Website
”) and the application programming interface (“API
”) operated by Laevitas Pte. Ltd. (“Company
”). The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Company. “You” refers to you, as a user of the Website and/or the API. Please review the following Terms carefully.
) IN THEIR ENTIRETY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS OR THE POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE, THE API OR ANY SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY.
The Company reserves the right to modify, delete from, or add to the Terms at any time. Such modifications shall be effective immediately. For changes to these Terms that we deem to be material (as determined in our sole discretion), we will endeavour to notify you by posting a notice on the Website and/or sending an email to the email address you provided to us upon registration. For this additional reason, you should keep your contact and profile information current. Your access, link to, or use of the site, or any service on the Website and/or the API, after the posting of modifications to the Terms will constitute your acceptance of the Terms, as modified.
1. Proprietary rights
2. Conditions of Use
- 1.1 The information and materials located or hosted on, or linked to, the Website and/or the API (“Materials”) are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms of proprietary rights. Such Materials include, but are not limited to, any price information, data, photographs, graphics, illustrations, designs, trademarks, trade names, service marks, product names, logos, insignias or other devices, software programmes, downloadable files, software applications, interactive features, tools, services, articles, videos or other information or content made available on or through the Website and/or the API. The presentation and layout of the Materials is also protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, international treaties and other proprietary rights and laws of Singapore and other countries.;
- 1.2 Unless otherwise stated, the rights, titles and interests to the Materials are owned by, licensed to or controlled by us.
- 1.3 You shall not use any of the names, marks, designs and logos owned or controlled by the Company (collectively, the “Marks”, including the words “Laevitas”, Laevitas’s logo and other service marks, trademarks, trade names, slogans, symbols, designs, insignia, emblems and other identifying characteristics associated with the Company and/or its affiliates, whether used alone or in conjunction with any other name, words or marks) without the Company’s prior written consent.
3. Account, User ID and Password
3.1 You must have an account, user ID and password to access and/or use certain features, functionalities and services on the Website and/or API. You represent and warrant that: (i) all information submitted by you to the Company for the purposes of creating an account and in the course of your use of the Website and/or the API is truthful and accurate; (ii) you will ensure that such information is kept up-to-date and accurate at all times; and (iii) your use of the Website and/or the API does not violate any applicable laws or legal requirements or these Terms.
3.2 We may at any time in its absolute discretion forthwith invalidate your user ID and/or password without assigning any
reason therefor without prior notice and shall not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage suffered by or caused to you or arising out of or in connection with or by reason of such invalidation.
3.3 You hereby agree to change your password from time to time and to keep your password confidential,
secret and secure. You shall be responsible for the security of your account and liable for any disclosure or use (whether such use is authorised or not) of your password.
3.4 You are to notify the Company immediately if you have knowledge that or have reason for suspecting that your password has been compromised or
if there has been any unauthorised use of your user ID and/or password or if any information in relation to your account requires updating.
3.5 We shall not be responsible or liable for any losses or damage incurred or suffered by you or any person by reason of or
arising from or as a consequence of using your user ID and/or password.
3.6 Any use of or access to the Website and/or the API and any information, data, instructions or communications referable to your user ID and
password (whether such access, use or communication is authorised by you or not) shall be deemed to be: (i) use or access of the Website and/or the API by
you; and/or (ii) information, data, instructions or communications transmitted and validly issued by you. You shall be bound by any access, use, instructions
and/or communications carried out or transmitted through the Website and/or the API which are referable to your user ID and password and you agree that the
Company shall be entitled (but not obliged) to act upon, rely on and/or hold you solely responsible and liable in respect thereof as if the same were carried out or transmitted by you.
4. Membership and Pricing
- 2.1 You agree to use the Website, the API and/or the Services, including all features and functionalities associated therewith, in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, or other restrictions on use of the service or content therein.
- 2.2 You shall not store, archive, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, perform, publish, license, create derivative works from, offer for sale, or use (except as explicitly authorized in these Terms) (in hard copy, electronic media, machine readable or any other form) any Material or any other content and information contained on or obtained from or through the Website, the API or the Services.
- 2.3 You shall not insert a hyperlink to this website or any part thereof on any other website or "mirror" or frame this Website, any part thereof, or any information or materials contained in this Website on any other server, website or webpage.
- 2.4 You shall not create any derivative work from the Materials, nor decompile, reverse-engineer or disassemble the Materials.
- 2.5 Without prejudice to the foregoing, you shall not use the Services, the Website and/or the API, directly or indirectly, in any manner that could cause the Service so used to: (i) be a substitute for the Service by a third party, (ii) affect the Company’s ability to realize revenue in connection with the Service, or (iii) otherwise compete with the Company’s business.
- 2.6 You shall not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the API or the Materials or any Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any of the Company’s server or to any of the services provided via the Website and/or API, through hacking, password mining or any other means.
- 2.7 You shall not use or attempt to use another user’s account and shall prevent your account from being used by any other person.
- 2.8 You shall not use the Website and/or the API in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or otherwise interfere with any of the Company’s server, or the networks connected to any Company server, or interfere with any other party’s access and use of the Website and/or the API.
- 2.9 You shall not to use (or attempt to use) any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website and/or the API for any purpose, including without limitation monitoring, scraping, data mining, data extraction, data harvesting or otherwise copying any of the material on the Website and/or the API.
- 2.10 You shall only interact with the Website and/or Services through a regular web browser and/or through the API.
- 2.11 You shall not to introduce any spyware, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, keystroke loggers, rootkits, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful to the Website and/or the API (or the servers, networks, and databases connected to the Website and/or the API).
- 2.12 You shall not post, promote or transmit through the Website any information, data, text, messages or other materials that is unlawful, libellous, defamatory, indecent, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- 2.13 You shall not, on the Website, impersonate any person or entity or to falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
5. Right to suspend
- 4.1 We have in place a number of membership plans with varying features and pricing, as set forth in the Laevitas Fee Schedule.
- 4.2 All fees are on a pre-paid basis. To the extent permitted by the applicable law, payments are non-refundable and we do not provide refunds or credits for any unused membership periods.
- 4.3 We may adjust the benefits, features and/or pricing of our membership plans from time to time by providing you with 30 days prior written notice of such adjustments.
We may, in our sole discretion, temporarily suspend access to the Website, the API and Materials in the event of degradation or instability of the Company’s system or an emergency or as part of routine maintenance.
6. Third Party Content and Links to other websites
7. Third party advertising
- 6.1 This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
- 6.2 Any links provided on the Website are provided for your convenience only. Should you leave the Website via such a link, the content that you view in such linked web page or website owned or operated by third parties is not provided or controlled by us. We have not developed or reviewed, and are not responsible for the consequences of your accessing the linked web page or website, and/or the content at those web pages or websites. We make no guarantee, representation or warranty as to, and have no liability for, any content at those websites, including, but not limited to, guarantees, representations and warranties regarding truth, adequacy, originality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reasonableness, non-infringement, suitability, satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose or any representations or warranties arising from usage, custom or trade or by operation of law.
- 6.3 Any such link to other linked web pages or websites on the Website does not constitute (a) an endorsement, authorisation, verification or representation that we are affiliated with the operators or owners of those linked websites; or (b) an endorsement, authorisation, verification, or representation of or as to the contents of such linked websites.
- 6.4 You agree that your access to and/or use of such linked web pages or websites is entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of access and/or use contained therein (including without limitation their privacy and data processing policies and practices).
8. Disclaimers, Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
- 7.1 We may allow third party advertisers to place or deliver advertisements on the Website. These third party advertisers may collect, monitor and use information about your visit(s) to the Website and other websites in order to provide advertisements on the Website and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- 7.2 We do not endorse, and will not be responsible for, the contents of such advertisements or for your access, use, reliance, sale, purchase, or other action on your part with respect to the contents or subject matter of such advertisements. The provisions in Clause 6 shall similarly apply in respect of any link contained in such advertisements.
9. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- 8.1 The Materials are of a general nature which have not been verified, considered or assessed by us and are provided to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranties of any kind. Your use of the Materials is at your own risk. We hereby disclaim all liability and responsibility to update the Materials. We do not make any representations, and hereby disclaim all warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise to the extent permitted by law, in respect of the Website, the API or the Materials, including, but not limited to, guarantees, representations and warranties regarding truth, adequacy, originality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reasonableness, non-infringement, suitability, satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, or any representations or warranties arising from usage, custom or trade or by operation of law.
- 8.2 The Website and/or the API provides only general information and data on certain digital assets, derivatives or other products. The Company does not provide, and the provision of such information must not be construed as the Company providing, financial advice or recommendation for any asset or investment product. You should seek professional advice at all times and obtain independent verification of the Materials before making any trading, investment or any other decision based on the Material or the Services.
- 8.3 Due to the inherent defects of electronic distribution, there may be errors, delays, omissions, interruption, breach of security, corruption, unavailability of access in connection with or inaccuracies in the Materials, the Website or the API (“Defects”). We make no guarantees with respect to the performance, availability or uptime of the Website, the API or the Material or that such access and use will be uninterrupted.
- 8.4 We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that the Website and/or the API is free of malicious software, including, but not limited to, viruses, computer worms, Trojan horses, spyware or other harmful components (“Malicious Software”).
- 8.5 We will not be liable to you or anyone for any loss, damage, claim, liability, expense or costs, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arising out of or in relation to:
- 8.5.1 anything done or omitted to be done in relation to the Materials or any delay, inaccuracies or omissions in the Materials or any interruption to the supply of Materials;
- 8.5.2 the use of the Website, Materials or Services;
- 8.5.3 any Defects;
- 8.5.4 any Malicious Software; or
- 8.5.5 the use or access of the Website the API, Materials or Services.
- 8.6 We will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special or punitive loss, damage, claim, or liability including, but not limited to, loss of data, profits, business contracts or business opportunities, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
- 8.7 Our total aggregate liability in contract, tort (including negligence and breach of statutory duty howsoever arising), misrepresentation (whether innocent or negligent), restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the operation of the Website and/or the API and/or the provision of the Services under these Terms or any collateral contract shall in all circumstances be limited to the fees paid or payable by you in 12-month period immediately preceding the incurring of such liability.
- 8.8 You shall indemnify and hold harmless and keep the Company indemnified in full against all and any claims, actions, proceedings, loss, damage, costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis), expenses and liabilities of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising which may be brought against or suffered or incurred by the Company arising from or which is directly or indirectly related to: (a) your access and/or use of the Website, the API and/or Services; (b) any other party's access of the Website, the API and/or Services using your user ID and your password; (c) your breach of any of these Terms; and/or (d) any other party's breach of any of these Terms where such party was able to access the Website, the API and/or the Services by using your user ID and your password.
- 9.1 Nothing herein shall be construed as a representation by the Company that the information and materials contained in or accessed through this Website and/or the API is appropriate or available for use in geographic areas or jurisdictions other than Singapore.
- 9.2 These Terms and your use of the Website, the API and/or the Services shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.